In vehicles with EURO 3 and higher vehicle emissions standards the second lambda oxygen sensor emulator is located after the catalytic converter. It plays a diagnostics role. If it detects any irregularities on the basis of the data from the engine control unit it displays an error on the dashboard (a popular "CHECK ENGINE") and the engine can switch into emergency mode (depending on the make of car). It is often manifested by big power drop. These problems arise in the event of removal of the catalyst, its low efficiency, or its replacement with jet pump.
In such situations, it becomes necessary to mount THE SECOND LAMBDA OXYGEN SENSOR EXTENDER.
The catalyst can effectively reduce the power output of 2 to 3%, and the maximum power speed of up to 5%. Its removal and the use of emulator is the easiest way to low-cost raise of power.
The emulator can also help in case of problems with the LPG installation, which due to the detection of very rich mixture will display the CHECK ENGINE on the dashboard.
- Extenders are from brass
- Internal and external thread M18x1.5
- Height 50 mm
- Polished front surfaces enabling perfect tightening
- Threads made with dedicated tool - perfect accuracy and repeatability
- Exhaust gas inlet hole 3 mm. In extreme situations narrowing of the inlet hole prevents motor failure (driving at high speed)
- Professional quality of manufacturing
Installation is very simple. Unscrew the lambda oxygen sensor, screw in the emulator in its place and then screw in the oxygen sensor.